“Content” means all content on this Site, including all information, graphics, trade marks, logos, designs, text, photos, films, sounds, software and applications;
“Contribution(s)” means anything that a user posts on this Site or sends to AFFORD, including any photographs, video or audio clips, comments or posts or competition entries;
This Site and all the Content on it is owned by AFFORD (or its licensors and content providers). All rights in the Content are reserved to their respective owners, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Any Contribution you send or post to this Site remains your property, but AFFORD may use your Contribution as described under “Your Contributions” below. You may not use any Content on this Site unless it is expressly stated that you may do so. Where we state that it is permitted, you may download Content for the purposes of raising awareness about AFFORD.
You may not:
- use any Content on this Site for personal gain, for any commercial purpose, to advertise or sell any products or services, or to promote a business;
- copy, transmit, store or distribute any part of this Site, unless we have expressly indicated that you may do so. You may not alter, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, disassemble or create derivative works of any software which is accessible through this Site; or
- collect or use any personal details from this Site.
We have tried to ensure that all information we provide through this web site is correct at the time we included it. We apologise for any errors. We therefore do not guarantee the accuracy of these pages and any visitor using information contained in them does so entirely at their own risk.
If you send or post any Contributions to this Site or to AFFORD, you confirm that you are granting AFFORD a perpetual (and irrevocable), royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the material in your Contribution for any purpose in any media in any part of the world. This includes the right for AFFORD to copy, edit, publish, grant sub-licences, and exercise all other copyright and publicity rights over the material. You also waive all ‘moral rights’ in the materials (‘moral rights’ are described in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988).
If you do not wish to grant us these rights, please do not send or post your Contribution to this Site or to AFFORD.
You must not post or send any material or information to this Site or AFFORD that you do not have permission to use, for example clips of music videos or TV shows. By sending or posting a Contribution to this Site or AFFORD you warrant that:
- your Contribution does not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights, which include any copyright, moral rights or trade mark rights;
- you have necessary permission from everyone in a picture or video. For children and young people the permission must be from their parent or legal guardian.
You should always give careful consideration before making public any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example telephone number, home address or email address), especially anything that could identify a child or young person.
AFFORD does not endorse any Contribution or any opinion, statement, or advice expressed by users of this Site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, AFFORD expressly disclaims all liability in connection with any Contributions made by users of this Site.
You may only use this Site for lawful purposes and you agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct and to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of this Site. You may not submit, publish, post, distribute or transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful or objectionable Contributions. You may not interfere with anyone’s use or enjoyment of this Site, for example by threatening, bullying or sending junk mail.
Registration and passwords
If you register with us and are asked to provide a password, you agree:
- to keep your password secure and confidential and not allow anyone else to use your email address or password to access this Site;
- to notify AFFORD immediately if you become aware of any improper or unauthorised use of this Site or your details or your password:
- not to do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any password-protected area of this Site; and
- not to create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Site, or other users, or to seek to pass yourself off as another user.
Limitation of liability
(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
You agree that you are solely responsible for your use of this site, and that to the fullest extent permitted at law, AFFORD, its officers, trustees, employees and agents do not make any representations and do not give any warranties, express or implied, concerning this Site and the Content. In particular, AFFORD does not warrant or represent that this Site or the Content is virus free.
All software provided by third parties (for example Acrobat Reader and RealPlayer) is the sole responsibility of that third party.
Third party websites
This Site may contain links to websites operated by parties other than AFFORD. Such links are provided for your convenience only and you access these links at your own risk. AFFORD is not responsible for the content of any third party websites linked to or from this Site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Donations and sponsorship
If you wish to donate to AFFORD or sponsor anyone raising money for AFFORD, please note that your donation or sponsorship is non-refundable. If you sponsor someone to do any activity for AFFORD, your sponsorship is not conditional on the activity being completed. In exceptional situations we may be able to refund a donation or sponsorship, for instance if there has been an error in processing your card transaction. However, all refunds are at the sole discretion of our Trustees, and we reserve the right to charge an administration fee should we need to. If you have a query regarding any donation or sponsorship, please email us through our contact us page.
Last updated: September 2012